Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm Back! And, it's WIAW!!

I’m back and it’s already Wednesday. There is a lot to catch up on (like a recap of the show (and post-show treats), a quick trip to Vegas, the countdown to the next show, and potential plans for another show), but for now, it’s WIAW :)

With so much going on and little time to prep and prepare, my meal plan this week has been pretty simple, but really delicious! Here it is in pictures:

 
 
A description of each from left to right, top to bottom:

M1: Buckwheat and barley crockpot porridge topped with coconut butter
 
M2: Yam, oats and spinach baked with egg whites and topped with coconut butter
 
M3: Spinach salad with tilapia, yams, veggies and hemp hearts
 
M4: Broccoli slaw salad with avocado and sriracha sauce
 
M5: Chicken and brown rice with Greek salad and lemon dill yogurt sauce and Udo’s oil
 
M6: Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate casein and topped with raspberries and a “chocolate sauce” made of (pasteurized) egg whites and cocoa powder
 
The only thing not pictured are my pre-work out chocolate muffins which I eat out of my purse, on the bus, with my dirty bus fingers :(, on my way to the gym in between meals 4 and 5. Fine dining at it’s best.
 
Even though the overall components are quite basic, I tried to vary the proteins, carbs and healthy fats across the day while also balancing each macro within each meal (although some meals are more carb heavy while others are more protein heavy). What I eat and when is really dictated by my training schedule and needs. As I have only 18 more days before the next show (!!), and want to build and fill out my muscles, I am really focusing on getting the right amount of protein and carbs throughout the day, especially pre- and post-workout. I need these babies to grow!
And just because it is sooooo amazing, and raspberries are so delicious right now, here’s the recipe for the yogurt and raspberry snack:
 
Chocolate Covered Raspberries and Yogurt
 
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
  • 15g (half a scoop) chocolate casein protein powder
  • 1 TBSP cocoa powder
  • 2 TBSP pasteurized egg whites 
  • ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Raspberries (or any other fruit or nut topping)
Directions:
  1. Combine the protein powder with the cocoa powder.
  2. To make the chocolate sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of the protein powder and cocoa powder with the egg whites in a small bowl. Set aside.
  3. In a serving bowl, combine the remaining protein powder and cocoa powder with the yogurt.
  4. Top yogurt mixture with the raspberries and drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Note: If the chocolate sauce gets too thick, add a little bit of water to thin out.
  5. Enjoy :)

 XOXO
J


No comments:

Post a Comment