Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Post-competition WIAW :)

It's What I Ate Wednesday again and now that competition prep and post-show treats are over (bye, bye Mr. Menchies), I'm back on my regular food plan. The menu planning has been a little all over the place this week as I had limited time to prep and am trying to use up things in the freezer in anticipation of the move at the end of the month. The good thing is is that over the past couple of months, I have prepped and then froze a lot of different meals, so now I can just grab and go :)

Here's what the menu is looking like:



M1: Zucchini cake porridge and eggs (the porridge turned out delicious! I just need to figure out a way to add the 'icing' to the cake... oh! I think I have an idea. I'll try it out tomorrow to see how it works)

M2: Greek yogurt with fruit (today it was a half a banana) and topped with a chia/ flax/ pumpkin seed and gogi berry mix.

M3: Chicken and kale soup (pulled this one from the freezer)

M4: Tuna and broccoli salad with avocado and siracha sauce (yay, siracha is back!!)

Pre-work out (not shown): A slice of my zucchini cake loaf (same recipe as the pancake, baked into a load and also pulled from the freezer)

M5: Mexican omelette stuffed with sauteed peppers, onions and spinach and topped with a spicy yogurt sauce

M6: Frozen strawberries mixed with chocolate casein and a side of coconut butter (mmmm, no description necessary- it's like ice cream)

I also had half a Vega bar as an afternoon snack as I was hungry and craving something sweet. So far it's been an okay transition from comp prep to the everyday/ 365 lifestyle. Even though I definitely over indulged on treats on Monday, there are still a couple chocolates hanging around the house and I've caught myself trying to rationalize why it'd be okay to keep eating them. For me, I know it's a slippery slope. One chocolate is never just one chocolate, and one day is never just a day. Habits (both harmful and healthy) can form quickly and that's one I don't need to break again. I'm keeping my resolved. I've done it once, I can do it again. You will not be the end of me, Purdy's chocolate Easter eggs!!

In any case, now that I'm "off-season" I do have more latitude in my food plan, and pretty much anything real and unprocessed is game. I'm excited to start getting creative again and have a couple of recipe ideas I want to try out. I'll also have a few more treat meals on the menu, so am looking forward to those as well. We shall meet again Mr. Menchies :)

XOXO
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment